The City of Houston is accepting applications for its Summer Jobs Program via the website: www.houstontx.gov/summerjobs. The online applications are linked to the webpage and are being accepted through May 8th.
City departments are opening their doors to provide opportunities for youth to earn money while learning about what it takes to serve the residents of the nation’s 4th largest city. Most positions are 32 hours per week at $7.25 per hour.
To be eligible to participate in the program, applicants must be between the ages of 16 and 21 by June 15th, and live in the City of Houston. Opportunities will be available in a variety of City departments, and include:
- Public Health and Human Services
- Law Enforcement
- Library Operations and Support
- Pool Gate Attendant
- Park Management Aides (must be 18, requires knowledge of basic lawn care tools and equipment)
- Parks Community Center Recreation Assistant (for high school seniors or college students with 3 months recreation experience)
- Customer Service
- Office Clerical
- Neighborhood Beautification (Light landscaping, garden maintenance, community clean-up)
- Public Works and Engineering
- City Council/Government
- Human Resources
- Municipal Courts Operations
- Solid Waste Management
- Computer/MS Office Software
For questions or additional information, please contact Velma Laws at 713.557.2560.