Hiram Clarke Bus Stop & Crossing Improvements
- The new CenterPoint Trail furthers connectivity to Sim’s Bayou Greenway. Provides direct access to surrounding neighborhoods and greater community via bike lanes on W. Airport (Hiram Clarke to Almeda).
- Currently safe accessible pedestrian crossing points from Hiram Clarke to METRO bus stops and CenterPoint Trail are limited. This project will provide custom bus shelters, pad upgrades, crosswalk improvements, and wayfinding & regulatory signage at 3 bus stops on Hiram Clarke at Brookston, Tidewater, and Beran Drive.
- Currently in design. Construction may start in early 2020.
Major Intersection Improvements
- Reconstruction of four major intersections in the heart of 5 Corners District and TIRZ 9 & 25 zones.
- Improvements will include new turn lanes for increased traffic flow, new traffic signals and masts, new pedestrian crosswalks and ramps, and upgraded landscape and beautification.
- Construction may begin early 2020.
- Will create very distinct and beautiful demarcations under the Main Street bridges for visitors entering the 5 Corners District along the northern border of TIRZ 25 zone.
- Improvements will include high-end lighting and special effects along with cleaning and beautification of existing bridge columns and pedestrian realm.
- Detailed design slated to start in the 4th quarter of 2019.
Amphitheater & Open Market
- Convert TIRZ 9 detention basin into an attractive dual purpose public amphitheater & open air market.
- Amenities include a stage for musical events, sloped lawn seating, a large picnic area lined with new shade trees, a special area for food trucks /pop-up tents, and safe pedestrian crosswalks.
- Construction slated to start end of 2019/early 2020.
- Special public art projects by Up-Art Studio for permanent exhibit throughout 5 Corners District and TIRZ 9 & 25.
- Planning slated to start 3rd quarter 2019.