Council Member Larry Green coordinated five (5) community beautification and de-litter clean-up events throughout the council district on April 9 as part of the annual Keep District K Beautiful Day initiative.
Each of the five (5) community events was sponsored by an organization within the District which included the following:
- Concerned Citizens of Quail Run CIA De-Litter Campaign
- Willowridge High School Commons Beautification Initiative
- The Word Church/Westbury Village Community De-Litter Campaign
- Southwest Manor Civic Club De-Litter Campaign
- Westbury Civic Club Beautification Initiative
“I am pleased that these District K communities have partnered with the council office to aesthetically enhance their respective community. This initiative will go a long way to not only beautify their neighborhood but also foster positive community engagement,” said Council Member Green.
This District-wide event was in conjunction with Keep Houston Beautiful Day, which is generally held annually during the early part of April. Keep Houston Beautiful Day kicked off the Keep America Beautiful’s 2016 Great American Cleanup.