Commissioner Rodney Ellis, Harris County Precinct One, and the Houston Food Bank invite those in need to reserve a holiday food box!
Please let those who need assistance during the holidays know about this effort. You will find the food box registration process below to be shared with your clients, friends, community members, and families. Thank you again and we look forward to serving families in Precinct One this holiday season.
In the event you receive any questions regarding the process of obtaining the food box please let them know the following:
- Call the Houston Food Bank during registration week (Monday December 3rd-Saturday December 8th) to reserve a food box. They are receiving calls for food box reservations Monday Dec. 3rd –Thursday December 6th from 7:45 am-8 pm, Friday December 7th from 5:45 am–8 pm, and Saturday December 8th from 7:45 am–4:00 pm.
- When calling the Houston Food Bank, let them know your preferred pick up location. Only one location can be selected.
- Arrive to your designated location on Saturday, December 15th during pick up hours.
- Bring any form of picture identification which a volunteer will check before giving you a box.
- If anyone asks what will be included in the food boxes please let them know that it will include nonperishables and that there will be meat and potatoes as well.
All the best,
The Harris County Precinct One Family
Community Engagement Coordinator
Commissioner Rodney Ellis
Harris County Precinct One