To be eligible for the Affordable Care Act (ACA) Health Insurance Marketplace special enrollment period, consumers must live in states with a Federally-facilitated Marketplace and must:
1) Not have been aware of the ACA requirement to maintain minimum essential coverage until after February 15, 2015 (the end of the 2015 Open Enrollment Period) or have not understood the meaning of that requirement;
2) Be subject to the individual shared responsibility payment on their 2014 taxes; and
3) Not be enrolled in 2015 coverage through the Marketplace (or have other minimum essential coverage).
Additionally, consumers eligible for the SEP had to have been subject to the fee for part or all of 2014. While consumers do not need to have filed their taxes and/or paid the fee to qualify for the SEP, these consumers will need to be subject to the fee when they file their 2014 taxes.
Certified navigators are ready to assist. Documents needed to enroll are:
- Proof of US Citizenship
- Social Security Number or copy of US Passport for all Family Members
- State Residency
- Driver’s License, housing lease, or utility bill
- Income for all family members
- W-2 Forms or pay stubs; unemployment/disability, social security/pension/retirement income, or a copy of your 2014 tax return
- Current health insurance information
- Policy numbers for any current health insurance and information about job-related health insurance even if you don’t take it.
- Immigration status/legal residency
- Immigration document status numbers
For more info, contact the call center at 832-393-5423 or 1-855-892-8082.