A Message from the General Manager
As you are aware, we are currently under an order, issued by County Judge Lina Hidalgo to stay home and work safe, through April 3. After the order was issued on March 24, a number of governmental entities including the District, asked for clarification of the definition of an essential business as landscaping and ROW maintenance services were not considered essential. We want to update you that the County has now agreed that all District services are considered essential. This means that our vendors who provide graffiti and litter abatement, ROW maintenance, and bandit sign removal, can continue to operate with the following enhanced procedures to protect the public and their workers.
- Staggered arrival times for crews to minimize human-to-human interaction and encourage social distancing, beginning at 6AM. Crews will return to warehouse in the same order they arrived.
- Zero human-to-human contact in the field. If contact needs to be made with a property owner, the crew member will call supervisor to reach owner by phone or e-mail.
- Monitoring the health of all employees. Crew members will report any and all illness symptoms to supervisor and will be asked to quarantine in the event of illness.
- Use of available PPE, including gloves, masks, googles, and suits.
- Routine sanitation of equipment, vehicles, and warehouse space (including locks, door handles, and common areas).
- Crew members will report any and all incidents of contact to supervisor.
This order does NOT apply to our Public Safety efforts through SEAL Security. We remain committed to assisting our law enforcement partners in doing all we can to protect and serve our businesses and do our part to keep the community safe. You can contact SEAL Security Officers at (281) 677-9933. Remember to always call 9-1-1 in case of an emergency.
District staff will continue to work remotely and the district offices will remain closed until April 3, or until further guidance is provided by the Federal, State or local governments. You may contact District staff as follows:
Ben Brewer, General Manager (210) 889-5815 or BBrewer@5CornersDistrict.org
Alice Lee, Deputy General Manager (713) 501-8719 or Alee@5CornersDistrict.org
We sincerely hope that you, your families, and your businesses are doing well as you navigate these uncertain times. These are uncharted waters for us all but we know that together, we can and will weather the pandemic, and be even stronger going forward.
Ben Brewer, General Manager