Disaster Debris from Hurricane Harvey will be collected on an ongoing basis until all material has been collected. Please place your debris at the curb as soon as possible. It is essential the piles be accessible by the collection crews therefore please do not park on the street blocking piles, and make sure the material is clear of tree branches, fire hydrants, utility lines. Please divide debris into the following categories.
- Vegetative Debris – leaves (do not put in bags), logs, plants, tree branches.
- Construction & Demolition Debris – building materials, carpet, drywall, furniture, lumber, mattresses and plumbing.
- Appliances & White Goods – air conditioners, dishwashers, freezers, refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers and water heaters.
- Electronics – computers, radios, stereos, televisions, other devices with a cord.
- Household Hazardous Waste – cleaning supplies, batteries, lawn chemical, oils, oil-based paints, stains and pesticides
- Thursday, August 31, 2017 – Thursday’s Garbage collection will begin with normal schedule.
- Friday, September 1, 2017 – Friday’s Garbage collection will be collected.
- Monday, September 4, 2017 – No collection in observance of Labor Day
- Tuesday, September 5, 2017 – Monday’s Garbage will be collected.
- Wednesday, September 6, 2017 – Tuesday’s Garbage will be collected
- Thursday, September 7, 2017 – Normal garbage schedule resumes for all collection days.
Yard waste collection will be suspended until further notice due to the need of extra personnel for debris collection for disaster recovery.
Normally scheduled Junk and Tree Waste collections will be suspended until further notice as all related personnel will be assigned to disaster debris collections.
Curbside single stream recycling collection will be suspended until further notice. All additional personnel will be assigned to debris collection for disaster recovery.
NORTH – N. Main Neighborhood Depository – 9003 N. Main
NORTHWEST – Sommermeyer Neighborhood Depository – 14400 Sommermeyer
NORTHEAST – Kirkpatrick Neighborhood Depository – 5565 Kirkpatrick
SOUTH – Sunbeam Neighborhood Depository – 5100 Sunbeam
SOUTHWEST – Southwest Neighborhood Depository – 10785 SW Freeway
SOUTHEAST – Central Neighborhood Depository – 2240 Central St.
- A current Texas Driver’s license (a current Texas Department of Public Safety issued I.D. may be substituted) or a Texas License to Carry and
- A current utility bill or city property tax receipt. Addresses and names on all presented documents must match Texas Driver’s License or ID.
*Electronic records are NOT accepted.
- RECYCLING ONLY – No proof of residency required.
- NO PETS allowed on premises.
For more information about the City of Houston Solid Waste Management Department and its services, residents may check online at www.houstonsolidwaste.org, like their page on Facebook at www.facebook.com/