The City of Houston is collaborating with Rice University to study how people respond to severe weather. We are asking for your help with a study that will take less than 2 minutes. Your information will valuable for helping the City understand how people cope with severe weather. The study is entirely on line and can be accessed from http://brl.rice.edu/storms2017....Read more
Download the Spring 2017 edition of our 5 Corners Newsletter.Content:
- A Word from the Chair
- Birthday Celebration - Ms. Vivian Harris
- Congratulations Allen Goodlow, Sr.
- Councilman Green lays out 2017 plans for district
- Environmental & Urban Design Committee sees a beautiful future
- Beautification projects - making every day a beautiful day in the neighborhood
- Public Safety Committee reports crime prevention efforts get results
- New public safety officials answer community's questions
- "We'd love to hear from you!" - 5 Corners District Survey
- Happy anniversary West Orem YMCA
- 5 Corners welcomes Solarcity
- 5 Corners Business...
The Flood Control District and FEMA are sharing revised preliminary floodplain maps in the Sims Bayou Watershed in order to help officials and residents identify their flood risks and use that information to make decisions about buying flood insurance and any future development. These Flood Insurance Rate Maps include the map revisions that became effective in May 2016. To share this information, a public Open House is scheduled for interested citizens to obtain more information about the proposed changes. Tuesday, May 16, 2017 3:00 – 7:00 p.m. Houston Community College – Central South Campus 1990 Airport...Read more
Five Corners Committee Chair, Vernon Smith and officers from S.E.A.L. Security Solutions delivered an extensive public safety report at the monthly board meeting on February 17. The report noted that crime overall was down in the District however, officers and the committee chair urged people to be aware of leaving valuables in plain sight in their vehicles. The district wants to remind the public to Lock, Hide and Store valuable out of sight to limit crimes of opportunity. ...Read more