Join the Greater Houston Lights On Alliance on October 25, 2018 in celebrating Lights On Afterschool. Host an awareness event at your program to promote the importance of afterschool in your community. Leading up to the big day, the Greater Houston Lights On Alliance invites community members to join in Kickoff Activities. See below for weekly themes:Read more
- Oct 1-5: Get Moving & Get Healthy!
- Oct 8-12: It's All About TECHNOLOGY!
- Oct 15-19: Youth Voice for Afterschool!
- Oct 25: National Lights on Afterschool event day
by Dorothy Puch Lillig Back in 1985 in Sugar Land, the founders of Texas Tamale Company launched a small business inspired by a street cart and homemade recipes. They probably didn’t anticipate that, some 33 years later, the company would be distributing more than 16 million tamales per year from a 20,000-square-foot center located in the Five Corners District. Texas Tamale Company’s corporate headquarters and distribution center have been located at 14453 Hillcroft St., Suite 200, Houston, 77085, in the Beltway Southwest Business Park,...Read more
- by Christina Autry On Tuesday, October 2nd, from 4-6 PM, Houston’s Five Corners Management District will be hosting its annual National Night Out neighborhood event. “Too often we live behind our closed doors, and do not get to know our neighbors,” states Ben Brewer, the General Manager of the district. The Five Corners District actively works to promote a safer, more positive environment for its residents by supplementing services provided by the City of Houston. The National Night Out event helps to further this goal, as residents and police alike step out to...Read more